Escalators and sidewalks are mostly made of stainless steel. In order to keep stainless steel parts gorgeous and clean, and extend the service life of stainless steel parts, the stainless steel surface must be properly cleaned and maintained.
Escalators and moving sidewalks stainless steel parts are mainly floor panels, apron, inner/outer cover plate, framework, stair handrail, etc., according to the special requirements of some customers put forward at the same time, sometimes it is possible to use a special surface treatment of stainless steel, such as stainless steel plating color, sandblasting, stainless steel, stainless steel surface electrophoresis. In this article, the author mainly introduces the escalators and moving sidewalks stainless steel parts during installation maintenance, daily use in the process of maintenance, as well as in the case of improper use of some special treatment countermeasures.
Maintenance of stainless steel parts during installation
During the installation of escalators and sidewalks, avoid heavy objects touching, pressing stainless steel parts, and do not tear off the protective film.
(1) with escalators and the pavement thickness of stainless steel parts are thin, by collisions must be avoided during transportation and installation, extrusion, scratches, etc., or stainless steel parts might be out of shape, scratched, influence its beautiful sex.
(2) try not to tear the protective film off the stainless steel surface before the escalator and the automatic sidewalk are used by the user. However, the protective film will age and leave a paste mark on the surface of stainless steel plate after aging. In general, the protection film packaging conditions at room temperature and humidity must be performance in a certain period of time, but, owing to the specific situation is different, such as sun, heat, pressure, etc., can guarantee the use of thin film within a time limit, so according to the specific situation to determine the time of tear film, lest leave paste marks. After the protective film is removed, the stainless steel surface must be properly cleaned and maintained.
Daily maintenance of stainless steel parts
Clean the surface of stainless steel parts after removing the protective film. When the surface of stainless steel parts is contaminated, the correct method should be adopted for timely cleaning.
2.1 different cleaning methods can be adopted for different surface pollution states
Escalators and the pavement in use, due to the use of environment, location, population, the pollution state of various would happen on the surface of the stainless steel parts, all kinds of pollution must be taken effective measures to keep the stainless steel parts and clean. The cleaning methods for different pollution situations are as follows :(1) for dust, hand dirt, slight spots and easily removed dirt, etc., use a clean wet cloth to scrub. (2) for the residual protective film, scrub with a wet cloth containing neutral detergent, and use alcohol solvent for cleaning and degumming. (3> for fat, oil and lubricating oil pollution, wipe dry with soft cloth or paper and then use a wet cloth containing neutral detergent to scrub. (4) for bleaching agents and various acid attachments, immediately wipe the foreign matter with a clean wet cloth, and then use a wet cloth containing neutral detergent to scrub.
2.2 matters needing attention in the cleaning process
Stainless steel parts must be cleaned regularly, but proper tools and detergents must be used when cleaning, otherwise the stainless steel parts may be damaged. Considerations: (1) please note does not occur when cleanness surface scratch, avoid to use detergents containing bleaching ingredients or abrasive, steel wire brush roller (the ball), grinding tools, such as cloth must use soft cloth. (2) at the end of the descaling work, it is necessary to use a clean wet cloth to scrub and remove the residual detergent and other substances on the surface of stainless steel, and finally wipe completely with a dry cloth. (3) when cleaning the switch parts and opening and stopping the key hole, avoid liquid flowing through the movable parts.
Special treatment measures such as stainless steel derusting
If caused by improper use or daily maintenance slow rust stainless steel parts, should promptly notify the professional maintenance personnel, special treatment strategy, special parts to rust cleaning rust removal.
3.1 causes of stainless steel rust
Generally, stainless steel will not rust, but if used or maintained improperly or the environment of stainless steel is too bad, stainless steel may rust. In addition to iron, the composition of stainless steel contains other metal components such as chromium, nickel and titanium. Chromium and nickel elements have anti-rust function, it forms a layer of protective film a dull film to prevent stainless steel rust. Normally, stainless steel will not rust as long as the film is not damaged, cracked or contaminated with impurities. However, if used or maintained improperly, the blunt film will be damaged, the stainless steel will be embroidered.
Generally stainless steel surface rust basically has the following possible, escalators and moving sidewalks administrator or maintenance personnel need to pay special attention to: (1) the escalators and moving sidewalks in the dust, iron powder or an easy rust material environment. (2) stainless steel parts are soaked in water for a long time. (3) the stainless steel parts are in contact with strong oxidizing agents including hydrogen peroxide, potassium permanganate and potassium perchlorate. (4) the stainless steel parts are in contact with strong acidic substances including hydrochloric acid, concentrated nitric acid and sulfuric acid. (5) the stainless steel parts are in contact with strong alkaline substances including sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide. (6) no regular cleaning of stainless steel parts. (7) tools or detergents used during cleaning are harmful to the surface of stainless steel, such as steel wiper, wire brush or scraper, etc.
3.2 treatment of rust
When stainless steel rusts, the following operating procedures can be followed to remove rust.
(1) use a soft cloth with a small amount of water to wipe the dirt off the surface.
(2) use a soft cloth or sponge with special stainless steel cleaning solution to remove the surface viscosity and slight rust.
(3) if the rust remains, use dishware cleaning cloth (coarse surface) or wire ball to gently wipe away the rust. The procedure shall pay attention to the following matters: the processing surface shall not be carried out except for special treatment surfaces such as stainless steel, mirror and etching, and shall be cleaned and removed along the direction of the marking; If there is any residual rust, the place may rust again, so it must be cleaned thoroughly.
(4) use a wet cloth containing glass detergent to scrub.
(5) clean the stainless steel surface with a clean wet cloth and wipe the surface with dry cloth.
After the surface is treated with rust removal, it shall be maintained in accordance with the daily maintenance method in section 2 of this article, otherwise it may rust again.
4. Matters needing attention in maintenance and maintenance of plated stainless steel, sandblasted stainless steel, surface electrophoresis stainless steel parts, etc
Plating color, sandblasted stainless steel, stainless steel surface electrophoresis the daily maintenance of stainless steel parts similar to the method in this paper, section 2, but because of its surface coating or paint layer, clean when must prevent coating or paint layer is hurt, have the following request for cleaners and maintenance.
4.1 requirements for detergent components
(1) it is necessary to use neutral detergent or detergent.
(2) it is not allowed to contain acidic substances, especially acids containing chlorine or substances containing chlorine, followed by sulfuric acid, sulfite and oxidizing acids.
(3) the cleaning agent should not contain granular abrasive to prevent the effect of damaging the surface of the plate.
(4) it is strictly prohibited to use strong acid and alkali detergent for washing.
4.2 precautions for cleaning and maintenance
Note :(1) for the cleaning of oil attachments, avoid using organic solutions such as propion and tenacil, as they may damage the coating and coating of stainless steel surface. (2) avoid contact with substances containing strong oxidants such as hydrogen peroxide, potassium permanganate and potassium perchlorate. (3) avoid contact with strong acidic substances including hydrochloric acid, concentrated nitric acid and sulfuric acid. (4) avoid contact with substances containing strong alkalinity such as sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide. (5) avoid contact with highly corrosive substances such as scale remover and rust remover. (6) avoid contact with contaminated materials such as cement, sand and stone, and soot. (7) between the plate and the plate, it shall not be welded and connected in use, otherwise it will cause local color change.
Stainless steel is not rust - resistant, if stainless steel does not take timely and correct cleaning, stainless steel may rust. Because escalators and walkways are usually designed in stainless steel, it is important to maintain stainless steel components in a timely and correct manner. Only in the practical use of stainless steel parts to correct maintenance in time, to guarantee the clean stainless steel parts, prolong the service life of the stainless steel parts, keep the escalator and automatic sidewalk look gorgeous and beautiful.